Saturday 31 March 2018

Why do we hate on parents who do more than us on holidays? Ex: “Easter being like a second Christmas”


I’m so tired of seeing posts bashing other parents who have different traditions than them.At Christmas it’s “Why is that mom buying their kid an iPad? I’m not spoiling my child!” ...and don’t you dare write that it’s from Santa!At Valentines it’s “Omg am I supposed to get my kid a gift for Valentine’s Day now? Why are parents buying their kids stuff for valentines dayyyyy?”On Saint Patrick’s Day it’s “WTF am I supposed to hide gold coins and make leprechaun traps now? I’m refusing to do this for my kids, those parents are crazy!”At Easter it’s “When did Easter become a second Christmas? My kids are just getting some chocolate and a skipping rope because I don’t spoil them!”Why is there SO much hate for parents who choose to do things bigger? Who cares if someone wants to spend a ton of money at Christmas or Easter? Why do people feel the need to constantly comment on parents who make the holidays into something bigger?I’m 28 years old and my mom always went big for every holiday. Easter was always a time for us to get outdoor toys like a new trampoline, new bikes, etc. My step mom always hid gold coins on Saint Patrick’s day, and we always go big on Christmas. It’s nothing new and it’s not millennial parents creating these traditions. Social media allows us to see into other peoples traditions more than ever before, so suddenly everyone is noticing that some people do things bigger, and seem to be hating it. There are people who do things way bigger than us and I couldn’t care less. Everyone has different budgets and different traditions, and we shouldn’t stop doing our traditions or feel bad about them just because someone else does something differently. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2J6lo2k

No comments:

Post a Comment