Thursday 29 March 2018

15 year old daughter depressed, anxious and suicidal. Doctors refuse to do anything about it.


My 15 year old daughter is incredibly depressed (doesn’t want to leave her bed, doesn’t want to do anything at all, she just seems to have lost her will to live). She is also anxious (especially when it comes to PE which she hates, she literally starts crying if it’s even mentioned) and very self-conscious, on the rare occasion i do manage to get her to come out she will often change her clothes over and over while crying and berating herself, it’s heartbreaking. She has said that she wants to kill herself many times, however she has never attempted to do so and I doubt she will simply because she doesn’t even seem to have enough energy to even get the things she would need to do it. I do keep a very close eye on her and make sure she doesn’t have access to anything dangerous like that. She is an incredibly clever girl (predicted 9’s at GCSE) but she isn’t even nearing her full academic potential because of this. I took her to the GP and explained everything but all he said was that she should lose weight, go outside more and have a look at a website! I don’t know how he expects me to do any of this when she doesn’t even have the motivation to brush her teeth, nevermind starting to exercise every day!I am at wits end and really don’t know what to do, I would love some advice please. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2J5zHV5

No comments:

Post a Comment