Saturday 31 March 2018

Does anyone else ‘blag’ being a parent?


Hi.Dad here of two kids from the UK. One 2 1/2 year old boy and a 6 month old girl.I’ll be honest, ‘back in the day’, prior to being a parent, I was guilty of being a sanctimonious twat.I used to imagine myself as a parent and I thought I had all these wonderful ideas ranging from discipline to education.Since becoming a parent, boy how that has all changed, to the point all previous ideas are blown out the water I’m just blagging it.Example: as an experimental discipline measure (because the past 5 failed) we introduced ‘the time out zone’. Perfect, we thought. When he is naughty, he will be sent there and then after a few minutes we would go to him, get an apology, explain to him the boundaries and then normal service resumed. This worked for all of three days.No. Child #1, in his defiance, decided that if he’s being sent to time out, he’s also going to use that zone as a sort of avant-guarde experimental art zone. In layman’s terms that means he smears the contents of his nappy on the floor/walls/stairs and laughs about it.This happened twice. The solution? No idea mate.I’m blagging it now, the reality is so different to how you plan parenting.1) I’d rather face a day of work on Monday than a soft play centre with a hangover. 2) If you say “for fucks sake” in front of a two year old he will NAIL the repetition on 1st attempt. However, “rabbit” is “babbit”. 3) Oh no the toy no longer makes a sound? Oh dear (the batteries are staying put). 4) judge me all you want but if Peppa Pig is the ONE thing that keeps my kid quiet in the restaurant then that’s what I’ll do.Anyone else know what I mean?An apt link to lighten the mood (stand up comedy):ParentingHappy Saturday. My kids are both in bed and now it’s time for beer. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2H1TeVq

No comments:

Post a Comment