Wednesday 28 March 2018

Help me feel better! Lost track of time and didn't leave work in time for childcare pickup


Gah you guys! I am mainly posting because I'm too embarrassed to tell my other mum friends, and I'm hoping some of you will have stories to help me feel better!My boy is 2 and goes to nursery 3 days a week. Me and my partner both work part time, and our arrangement on the days we both work are that he does nursery drop off and I do pickup. I need to leave work by 4.30 to pick my son up at 5.15.Today, I don't even know what happened but I looked at the clock and realised it was 4.55 and I was still sat at my desk! The worst thing was I wasn't even doing anything that important, just trying to clear my inbox a bit before leaving for the day. I know I looked at the clock several times between 4.30 and 4.55 and I somehow just didn't click that I really should have left already. Gaaah!Ultimately it's all fine. My sister, who my son adores, is picking him up, and I'll be home to make his dinner, but I just feel like the WORST.My mum tried to cheer me up by telling me about when she left my sister in her pram in the supermarket. Please tell me it's not just my family that does this to their children!! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2E3ljc2

No comments:

Post a Comment