Friday 30 March 2018

Sports are ruining my life


My kids all play sports. Which was my husbands idea since he has played all his life. They are good for my kids and my kids love them, which is fine no problems with that. My problem is how my husband acts and talks about my kids playing sports. It’s to the point where I can’t stand listening to him. He’s that dad who thinks his kids are going to actually be professionals at some point. My kids are good better then most other kids but I attribute that to them practicing a lot. It’s so hard listening every day for hours about how great they are and how much better they are than everyone else...my kids are still in elementary school so I’m terrified of how this is going to play out through middle school and high school. It’s embarrassing and I don’t know how to tell him that it’s not only annoying but gives my kids unrealistic expectations and makes him look arrogant. Any ideas on how to tone this down without a fight? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Gq2hPd

No comments:

Post a Comment