Wednesday 28 March 2018

Need advice about my nine year old daughter.


Hello, I hope this is the appropriate subreddit for this kind of question. I have a wonderful 9 year old daughter, she's super sweet and loving and we have a great relationship. Currently, her mother and I are separated going through a divorce. It's a particularly stressful and her mother and I are not on good terms. That be said my daughters grandmother isn't a huge fan of me right now. Usually when I get my daughter for my time sharing its her grandmother making the exchange. Today, when I went to pick up my daughter they were sitting outside of a restaurant waiting for me. As I walked up, my daughter saw me, waved excitedly and ran up to greet me. She ran up to me with open arms and a big smile jumping up to me. Naturally, I scooped her up and gave her a big hug and kiss and asked her if she was ready to go. As we started walking off, her grandmother shouted at my daughter "Get down you're too old for that! That's something romantic partners do!" she continued to shout "get down" until we got in the car and left. I assured my daughter that she didn't do anything wrong and it was okay to hug me like that if she wants. I hate to admit this, but, it really made me wonder if I had done something wrong and maybe this kind of affection from her wasn't okay at her age. Am I doing something wrong? Is this acceptable at her age? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2E2ZeKC

No comments:

Post a Comment