Wednesday 28 March 2018

New-ish dad here. I’m fairly certain my 3 month old daughter hates me now.


DISCLAIMER: I apologize in advance because I expect this post will be a little dark, and more than a little rambling. I’m at the end of my rope here. If you have any judgments or negativity in response to this please keep them to yourself, because I have enough of that to go around.We had our baby girl Dec 29th. It’s been an amazing experience, at least until the last couple weeks.I’m a stay at home dad now. It just made sense given that she has much more earning potential than I do. Also, I was hesitant to sell the internal organs necessary to afford child care in my area.The strange part is that I expected this kind of reaction from our baby when my wife went back to work. This wasn’t the case. We had two excellent weeks together, minus a short adjustment period the first couple days. Everything was going great. She was eating, napping, and happy as could be. Or so it seemed.Starting last week, it feels like I can’t do anything right for our little girl. She simply will not sleep unless completely, utterly exhausted. Then, once she’s enormously tired, she tries to reject the bottle more often than not. She no longer likes to be held by me. She no longer likes the pacifier. Things she used to enjoy make her cry now. She only fusses and screams. When she’s not screaming, she’s fussing.I’ve tried literally everything I know and nothing works. She’s taken Gerber baby probiotic (a miracle) drops for weeks ever since she had a brief colicky period. I’ve tried everything else at my disposal to get her to sleep, outside of some crazy store bought gadgets. I’ve even-tried-some-too.Yesterday, it took me four hours to get her to go down for a 45 minute nap. She used to nap for 1-3 hours only 2 weeks ago.This all stops completely once my wife’s home, by the way. She sleeps through the night with some sleep-nursing. We had none of these issues over the weekend when my wife was home all day.I don’t know where else to go with this, but I just don’t have any other outlet for these thoughts and feelings. When I talk to my wife about this it just seems to upset her. I guess I just needed something constructive to do so I could stop thinking about horrible, self destructive thoughts. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2E5VBUs

No comments:

Post a Comment