Tuesday 27 March 2018

I want to share a beautiful moment and lesson from my 4yo daughter


I was waiting for a flight inside an airport lounge (very big, international airport) with my wife and daughter seating on a table and just hanging out. A lady and her partner/husband walked past us slowly with their luggage. The lady was a person of size of African descent, she was wearing a very traditional African dress (like a maxi) and a ethnic traditional hat. My daughter kept staring at her and I noticed she kept her eyes on her for a full 30 seconds while she walked next to us. I got a little nervous thinking that my daughter might ask out loud an uncomfortable question regarding the woman's weight, ethnicity or clothing.But as soon as the woman left, my daughter turn back to us and with a beautiful brightness in her eyes and a smile she said "That was a beautiful lady!".Gosh, I almost started to cry and I felt so ashamed of myself think about all the ways she might "make me" uncomfortable with an "umpolite" comment. She noticed the beauty of a person in her uniqueness and rawness, something that adults some times forget how to do or to appreciate.I will forever remember that moment and will take it as a lesson to make sure I don't contaminate her mind with idiotic crap, so she can always appreciate the real beauty everyone has.Also, she refers to people as "humans", which I find it quite amusing, but now that I think about it, it might influence on how she see's everyone as being uniquely different. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2J19IxY

No comments:

Post a Comment