Sunday 25 March 2018

8 year daughter has some social issues, need advice on attitude adjustment


My daughter K is a great kid, very smart, but dumb as rocks when it comes to social interactions. She acts very selfishly and bossy when she interacts with others. For example, she will see two friends playing house. K will approach and try to declare herself as the mother and then assign the others. Sometimes they allow it, but if they don't then K will get upset and tell me that they aren't letting her play. When I talk with her about it and explain why they don't want her to play she just stares blankly at me and says 'Ok', just pure avoidance. To be honest I'm not really sure that she understands why her friends get upset even after I explain it.She hates playing by herself, but this behavior of hers is preventing her from having good friendships. So now I'm asking Reddit for advice.How can I help my daughter be a better friend? How can I help her not be so narcissistic? Should I be trying to have these higher-level discussions with her (treating her like an adult), or should I try a different way? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2I2sEem

No comments:

Post a Comment