Sunday 25 March 2018

Was your husband/ boyfriend etc a decent skilled father from the start? Or was it a rough transition for him?


Mine had a rough start. He knew NOTHING about babies. The week after i had my c-section, i had a follow up appointment so they could take my staples out. I asked my husband to watch our son and off i went. About a hour or so later after i get a text from my husband asking if the doctor saw me already. I told him i was in the middle of talking to the doctor and id talk to him in a bit. He texts me 10 mins after and goes "Hey i really need you to come back..." So i call him after getting my staples out and go "whats wrong?" And he goes "Its James, he woke up...and he...uh...ok there's poop everywhere...i dont know what im doing...you need to come back please..." I went out and called a cab to get me but it took a while of waiting for it. In the meantime i kept getting texts from my husband going "Its everywhere...even in his crib...i just stripped him down and its in his back...are you in the cab yet?" I remember texting him "get wipes and clean his butt and back and wait for me so we can bathe him" When i got home and rushed to our bedroom i just burst out laughing. My son was wrapped in my husband's shirt like a burrito. My husband was only in his boxers. The whole room stank. The bed was a mess like my husband moved the entire comforter, sheets, pillows out of the way in order to clean the baby. My son has the most perplexed look on his face and husband looks at me and goes "help" I just burst out laughing and after a second or so after regaining my composure grabbed the baby to clean him in his tub. It's one of my most cherished first memories of us as a new family. I only regret not taking a picture of the whole scene. Yes he got better at handling our children after that. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2DRSWgQ

No comments:

Post a Comment