Friday 30 March 2018

Shingles at 4 years old.


Note: I'm not posting this to debate vaccinations, just looking for advice on how to help my child.My son (4) came to me the other day and said he had an ouch. I asked him to show me. I was expecting to see he scratched his self, but instead his ouch was very alarming as it was all blistery. The next morning I tried to reach the pediatrician, but due to phone problems on there end, I couldn't. So, I took him to the Urgent Care.In urgent care, the doctors kept saying "this shouldn't be happening" and were in complete disbelief that a 4 year old could have shingles. They asked a bunch of questions, about vaccinations, laundry detergent, family history, etc. Yes hes vaccinated, no changes in anything laundry wise, and answered the family history questions.They gave him an antiviral medication and told us to get to the pediatrician as soon as we could for a second opinion, because they would be more versed in children with shingles.Later that afternoon, I was able to contract the pediatrician and they got him in right away. Unfortunately, with no new answers. They were also in disbelief. I'm in disbelief. I never realized children of that age could get shingles, let alone a child who has been vaccinated for chicken pox.Anyway, if you've had shingles, or your child has, what is the best way to help soothe the pain. His are in his waste/groin/thigh/butt area and I just feel terrible that he hurts basically every time he moves.TLDR: 4 year old, complete vaccinated, has shingles. Looking for advice on soothing his pain and improving his comfort level. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2GZf0cz

No comments:

Post a Comment