Thursday 29 March 2018

I think my 2.5yo son is getting kicked out of daycare.


I posted a story a couple days ago describing a daycare situation (TL;DR my son is a acting out a little at his new daycare environment, and we got called into a meeting with the owners).The meeting was pretty terrible. They essentially told us that they are worried about our sons behavior, and that he cannot return to the daycare until he is "evaluated". We were totally blindsided. My wife, who is 8.5 months pregnant, immediately began to cry and had to leave the room. I went to console her and calmed her down a bit. When we returned, they said that he, in fact, could return, and that they'll work with him. WTF!Keep in mind, I think my sons behavior is more or less normal. He's just shy of 2.5. He doesn't like sharing, he throws tantrums sometimes, normal stuff. We scheduled a pediatrician appointment to address his behavior. The pediatrician asked questions and examined him and concluded that there isn't any developmental issues with him. We asked if there was a therapist she could refer us to about his behavior, and she said that any therapist she knows typically doesn't do behavioral therapy until they are around 3yo.Something is not right. I'm really starting to believe there is an issue with the daycare, and not my son. Like I said, my son seems very normal. I'm a first time parent, so I don't have a good frame of reference, but they call it the "terrible twos" for a reason, right?This is my first time dealing with a daycare. Is this normal? How common is it for a 2.5yo to be kicked out? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2pQWhb4

No comments:

Post a Comment