Friday 30 March 2018

Prom night, need advice!!


My daughter [17 f] will be attending prom in the coming weeks with her boyfriend of a few months [18 m]. He goes to a school about 25 minutes away, and lives about that far too.She brought this up to me about three weeks ago, asking for her (11:00) curfew to be extended on prom night since the dance doesn’t even end until then. I asked why and she was honest and said they would probably go to a party afterwards.I don’t mind. My daughter is a very mature teenager due to some circumstances she’s been in as a child. She’s never been to a party to my knowledge, and I trust the boy she’s with to be smart with everything they do.Here’s where I need advice. After I agreed to extend curfew, she insinuated that she would like to stay at her boyfriends parents house. I know the mother kinda well, and know that she does not care if my daughter stays over/stays late. Is this appropriate?My daughter is very honest with me, she has had sex before. I’m not worried about that as She’s mature/safe handling it, but is it appropriate to let her stay at a boyfriends house?I don’t want to go pick her up at 2-3am. I definitely don’t want her driving, especially if there will be a party afterwards. Lyft/Uber on a Friday night I’m worried about, she’s and I both have had bad experiences before. Not to mention, it’s gonna be a Friday night. Lots of drinking and drivingAs a a parent, what would you do? I’m struggling because on one hand I think “No!! She isn’t 18!!” But then I think, it isn’t some magic number, she acts more maturely than some 21 year olds. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2pQ0zA2

No comments:

Post a Comment