Friday 30 March 2018

Napping and Pushing Boundaries for 2 yr old


Hi everyone. My son is 2 yrs, 4 months old and while he sleeps happily in his crib at night, my wife and I have decided to co-sleep with him for this nap each day. Normally this has gone well and he will fall asleep quickly and nap with me soundly. However, for the last two weeks when I nap with him he has been wanting to crawl around the bed, pretend to nap with his feet hanging off the edge of the bed (I'm awake with him then so he's safe and won't fall), put the covers over his head, try to grab things off the nightstand, etc. He does none of these things when he's napping with my wife.I feel like he's trying to push his boundaries and see what he can get away with. I try to be as boring as possible (not interacting, etc.) but I do have to often move him back to the center of the bed when he's getting near the edge and I know this might seem like a game to him.Any advice on how I can get him to stop exploring and playing and focus on napping instead?Thanks! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Id4Ap9

No comments:

Post a Comment