Sunday 25 March 2018

Parents (or siblings/family members) of special needs children what did you wish you knew when you first found out about your child's disability?


My 6 month old was recently diagnosed with a lifelong cognitive/intellectual disability and my husband and I are having a hard time navigating our lives through all of the doctors, therapists, early intervention appointments, etc. not to mention the mental and emotional roller coaster we're on. Going from talking with your friends about how your kids will grow up playing sports with each and having sleepovers to finding out it's possible they might not even learn to read or ride a bike is pretty soul crushing. I wish I could find local support groups or knew what other kinds of support to apply for or seek out. Even just knowing a single other family in my area with a special needs child would help. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2I3kNgp

No comments:

Post a Comment