Friday 30 March 2018

HPV vaccine or not?


I know vaccinations are a touchy subject for some people and I'm not trying to stir anything up! We are NOT anti-VAX parents. If you are, God bless but this question is probably not for you.Our kids (both teens) are up to date on all their vaccinations. At their last annual checkup with their pediatrician, the doc asked if we wanted to give them Gardasil (HPV vaccine). The wife said no (I wasn't there). Our niece passed out shortly after getting the first shot in the series. My wife has also heard anecdotal stories of serious complications. So based on all that my wife thinks the potential risks outweigh the potential benefits. Her argument is it doesn't prevent all forms of HPV so its still possible to get HPV/cancer despite being vaccinated. Therefore its not worth the risk.Doing a Google search for "HPV vaccine complications" is pretty futile. Its nearly impossible to get past all the anti-vax websites to anything useful.Normally I'm a firm believer in vaccinations, and would be on this if my wife hadn't pushed back.What are you feelings and experiences? Are you getting you kids vaccinated? I'm just looking for other parents thoughts on this specific vaccine. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2GGZt3e

No comments:

Post a Comment