Monday 26 March 2018

How did you decide on how many kids to have?


We have 2 right now, a boy (6) and a girl (4). I think that we are finally at a point where we can breathe and do things we haven't done in a few years. We have a little more flexibility in spending because both kids are no longer in daycare. I think personally it would be cool to have 3 or 4 but I don't think we could afford that. I'm already worried about my kid's college fund. I can't imagine adding a third. My wife is having crazy baby fever right now, and this conversation has come up a few times. My wife is not working anymore, but does have a small income from other sources. She wants to stay at home with the baby, and have the bonding time she didn't have with the our other kids. I reminded her how much we were spending on diapers, wipes, food etc. in the past, and what a hassle it would be to find sitters to watch 3 kids on our date nights. Not to mention health insurance, clothes, toys, and other things we would also spend money on.I want to have a bigger family but I don't think we can afford it, but I also feel selfish for not allowing my wife to have the bonding time with the baby if we do have one. So I was just wondering if how some of you have handled this situation? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2pIvFsO

No comments:

Post a Comment