Tuesday 27 March 2018

My mom can't stand that my kids choose clothes that don't match


My kids are 3.5 and 5 years old. They are in preschool (youngest in the 3s program, older in the 4s as she just turned 5 in December). The teachers encourage independence. Part of that is encouraging the kids to do things for themselves. We let the kids go potty by themselves (all cleaners and such are protected by baby locks) and we let them dress themselves. Sometimes they pick different color socks. Sometimes, their outfits don't match well. To us, that is no big deal. They are learning. If we go out somewhere nice or with family. We make sure they match, but for regular, every day activities, they pick what they want as long as it is weather appropriate. I sent my mom a picture from this morning and her first comment is about the kids not matching. My youngest was wearing pink pants with a red and black plaid shirt. She loved it and that was good enough for me. Am I being crazy here? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2DZo3XH

No comments:

Post a Comment