Friday 30 March 2018

[Rant] Neighbors are perfect parents who's kid is a perfect angel.


Let start with I am fucking livid. On mobile so sorry for errors.This isn't the first incident with the neighbor boy [2nd grade] and my daughters [K and 1st] the first incident was a year ago when I caught him coaxing my daughters and another neighbor boy [now K] to pull their pants down and show him. I was angry but I passed it off as kids being kids. Granted we hadn't talked with our daughters about public nudity. Inside our home it is a non issue still today. They didn't know it was a predatory act and we have repeatedly had that talk since. Again I passed it off as kids being kids. I've witnessed him coaxing another neighbor boy [now 1st] to hit his parents car with a bat then run and taddle as soon as the boy did. Repeatedly had my daughters come to me about how he's being mean to them. My wife and I should have talked to his parents sooner, I know, but honestly I now know it was futile.Now to the issue. We live in a culdasac with low traffic and the kids have been great about watching for the few cars that do come through. There is a neighborhood traffic cone that every neighbor know kids are at play when it's out. If you think I'm a shit parent for this go to hell but we sometimes let them ride bikes outside with minimal supervision. Honestly I was glued to the front window the entire time. Recently we are always outside with them because of the troublesome boy. We told our daughter they are not to interact with him only to tell him the aren't allowed to play with him then move away. Today my wife was weeding while our daughters played with a new electric vehicle toy they earned for both learning to ride a bike without training wheels. Troublesome boy is angry he doesn't get to ride it and tells my oldest that if she gets near him he'll KILL her, wife heard it herself. With all that's going on these days that was the last straw. We both went over and told his dad, I quote "Just so you know your son said xyz to our daughter, we'd like you to talk to him." Dad takes son inside. Later the dad approached my wife and told her they don't use words like that in their house and are we sure? Did anyone else hear? Can you back it up? You know we've had trouble with you daughters too. How about we all just stay to our own half of the culdasac.Yes it's true. My oldest gets into trouble, we know this and discipline accordingly and would take another parent at their word if something happened.I am abosultly steaming right now that he would think an adult and fellow parent would lie about this. I went straight to Costco to buy then install survalence cameras. As well we're going to enforce the my half your half rule like fucking Gestapo. It was his damn idea instead of being a half decent person and parent. God I'm so angry!I really needed to get this out of my system. I don't know if there really is any advice for this situation. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2GUCFL6

No comments:

Post a Comment