Tuesday 27 March 2018

Help with invasive, weird mother of daughter's (5) classmate?!


Okay, I'm an introvert and not into confrontation, for starters. My daughter, L, is in pre-k and early in the year befriended another little girl I'll call Kat. They had attended dance together the year prior for a couple months (before Kats mother pulled her out of the session in a rage of fury that they wouldn't accommodate her... quirks) so the little bit of familiarity glued them right together.As soon as Kats mom got wind that they were friends, she firmly lodged herself up my ass. Asking me to every library group (we were already going anyhow, fine) asking us to join them for lunches out after school (aside of the true issues, I'm pregnant and food is ew, we have declined all but one which was for Kats birthday so I felt basically forced, and she came on strong, I was literally basically guilted and forced)But the few times I've been stuck hanging around with Kats mom, she is way over the top with information sharing, proximity to my body and overall invasiveness. And because she's an older, second time mom she seems to feel she knows more than I do and will intervene in my parenting which quite annoys me.From her vast oversharing of her personal life I've learned her home life is volatile and unhealthy, big drama with a cheating husband, drug use, emotional outbursts, emotional abuse towards her and the kids. Nothing I really want to get deeper into myself with closer involvement and obviously I don't want my kid there, ever. From her love of personal space invasion and having eyes, I've learned she doesn't have good hygiene, often smells bad, her teeth are a putrid mix of plaque and black stuff, her hair is always coated with heavy dandruff...I try not to be judgmental on looks but she is polarizing and frankly with my pregnancy and being squeamish I just find her vile.But she won't leave me alone no matter how cool or distant I behave. I've used the pregnancy as an excuse and stopped attending the local library groups. This morning she cornered me and asked MY DAUGHTER, not me, if we would like to go out to lunch soon to celebrate my daughter's belated birthday. We obviously didn't invite them to our party and to not play favorites, didn't invite any classmates and I felt like this was her way of saying what gives, because we attended her child's and she expected some tit for tat invitation.I was put on the spot as my daughter replied affirmatively and Kats mom looked at me expectantly, to which I just said I haven't been into eating out lately, we will see.It's hard to convey her overall demeanor but these invitations and conversations with her are very aggressive and forceful and she makes it hard to say no without seeming a heel. They're done loudly and emphatically in front of other parents, purposely. She has my number and could've texted an invitation instead of going through my kid.I'm losing my patience. I want to shut this down and shut it down firmly but don't know how to do so without being a real dick, which I can do, but I'd rather not make things any weirder.So any tips for dealing with unwanted attention from classmates parents and how to shake it off for good? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2GynAB7

No comments:

Post a Comment