Monday 26 March 2018

The 4-day saga of a 4yo not pooping (and its aftermath)...


Dude.So kiddo got a bit of the crud a few days ago. Not pooping, bit of a fever and threw up Saturday night (better within a couple hours), and just a big crab. Miralax, fruit juice, prune baby food because she hates whole prunes, Pedialyte (she hates it), everything. Yes, please jump up and down constantly! Maybe that'll help. Nope. OK, just keep with the miralax water and juice.So it started to get so that she didn't really want to eat last night/this morning. I work and my husband is a SAHD, and he texted saying that she just still wouldn't go poopy. She'd try and mayyyyybe a tiny hard nugget would come out, but that's it. We agreed that I'd meet them at the children's urgent care when it opened. Turns out it wasn't needed!I got a text around 1:30pm saying she was going poopy for the third time. That it, and her farts, smelled like death warmed over. She's gone poopy more since I got home.My husband is currently trying to teach her to "not trust her farts". We've gone through a lot of underwear this evening. She runs to the bathroom and we yell, "Have to go poopy?" So that we can help a bit. She says:"No! Not poop. I have to go pee-poop." Which is apparently her way of describing lose stools. I did laugh when I heard that.Welp, looks like it all worked at once! But she's happier, eating, not being a little terror, and, in general, is better. But our house still smells so bad that if you lit a candle, I bet the air would burst into flames. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Gfcldu

No comments:

Post a Comment