Monday 26 March 2018

My daughter died last night


I feel like I’m on autopilot. Two days before she turned 17, my daughter ended her life. I’d reached out before on here, and I tried to take everyone’s advice. I got my daughter into therapy, tried to listen more, tried to do what she wanted. I even got her back into contact with my ex. She told me she wanted to stay with me, and I thought it was a good sign. We were doing well. I was so happy- I thought she was okay.She’s gone. She was the one thing I woke up for in the morning, the absolute light of my life, the air in my lungs- and she’s gone. Forever. I didn’t even get a chance to tell her everything I should’ve, we didn’t do everything we should’ve. I was going to take her to Europe when she turned 18. We were going to climb a mountain together. I was going to move her into college. She was going to go to prom. Neither of us ever get that. And it’s my fault. I did this. I should’ve been better, I should’ve listened more.Don’t just hug your babies closer. Really, truly listen and understand. Try your damndest to fix things. Do what you can. And just listen. Listen until your ears fall off. Tell them it’s okay. Hold them. Let them feel safe with you. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Gr1Ib3

No comments:

Post a Comment