Thursday 26 April 2018

When my 3 year old doesn’t like the meal, he flails around till it’s on the floor


I am fucking sick of mealtimes. My 3 year old refuses to use a fork or spoon. And when he doesn’t like what we’re eating or something that’s going on at the table (e.g. dad and Mom are talking to each other rather than him), he flails his whole body around and knocks food out of his bowl or plate so it ends up all over the table and floor.It’s been months of this. I’ve tried natural consequence (he has to clean it up), time out, time in, reward chart, not reacting at all, withholding food, letting him use adult plate/cutlery, physical restraint, setting VERY CLEAR and singular expectations before mealtime, and more. None of it makes a difference and i wish he just didn’t have to eat at all at this point. I use natural consequence most frequently because all i really want is for there to not be food on the fucking floor, but he doesn’t give a shit. “I like cleaning!” he says, like only a 3 year old can.When is this shit going to stop. I try to move his food when he starts it as soon as i can but it’s usually too late. It’s getting REALLY old. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HscwqE

No comments:

Post a Comment