Monday 30 April 2018

So it's true...we really CAN'T have nice things.


We love our son. He's 3 years old, cute, curious, polite and an overall sweet kid. But this weekend...oh my.He broke 2 or 3 things and caused a few messes. Nothing malicious, just general toddler shenanigans. But even for him this was a lot in just a few days. But then we woke up Sunday morning to a wet basement. We frantically searched for the source. Did a pipe break, leak, is it something upstairs, what is happening?!?!Then I look down at the drain in our basement. There's a hose sitting next to it. I know that hose. It's the hose for our water softener. It's supposed to be IN the drain.I get down on my son's level and ask, "Did you touch this hose?""Ya, I took da hose out da draaaaiiin.""Hey buddy, all this water is because of taking that hose out of the drain."He looks around, processes it. Looks at me sorrowfully, "I sowry daddy.""It's okay buddy, let's not do that again okay?""Otay"Where's the shop vac?Edit: for clarity our basement slopes away from the drain for some reason. We've been down there a lot spring cleaning and he's been "helping". Good news though, not much was damaged. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2rbyWCc

No comments:

Post a Comment