Thursday 26 April 2018

I give up


my writing is probably not the best and neither is my punctuation so please excuse me I’m currently sitting in the bathroom. I don’t know weather to cry or scream. Just picked up my 5 year old from school. More complaints from his teacher. He kicked someone this time. Yesterday he screamed and cried and threw stuff. He has ADHD. He can’t control his emotions. I try to teach him by role playing, we write the things that he’s not supposed to be doing. I try to explain. He says he understands and that he’ll try to be better in school but he only says that because he knows it’s what I want to hear. He knows that he can’t control his own emotions so that’s all he says now whenever I ask him why he did what he did. He’s had one physical incident happen 2 months ago. I can’t believe he kicked someone. I am fuming. I am so unbelievably pissed. I picked him up, I didn’t say a word to him and as soon as we got home I came to the bathroom. I officially give up. He doesn’t care. Or he can’t care. I don’t know but it feels like I’ve tried everything. Someone told me not to punish him (like taking away his electronics and allowance) for having a “bad day in school” so I tried that and he basically thinks he’s untouchable now. It worked for a week and then he realized he could do these things without a consequence. I want to pull my hair out. I never want to come out of this bathroom. I dread picking him up from school. I want to punch me 5 years ago for ever thinking that I would be able to handle this. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HwoQ9z

No comments:

Post a Comment