Monday 30 April 2018

Need to get this off my chest...


Son (7 yr) was at his dad's for overnight visit an hour away from our home--his home. I get a call from my child because he is afraid "daddy fell off the stool and wont wake up...there is glass everywhere". I call his best friends (a couple known as aunt and uncle to my son) they go over there and were basically chased out with a shit storm of fuck-yous and how dare yous?.....I reach his father on the phone and he proceeds to scream hysterically at not only me but my son (7 yr old) for calling me because he was afraid. He then starts threatening suicide (has done before but not in front of my kid from what I know) hx of bi-polar dx but wont admit to it. Howver, I NEVER thought he would act like this or become so unable and incompacitated while caring for our child. Lots of past drama....nothing like this. We have no court parenting plans (not for long) 3 k later and just starting..I called 911 at this point 3 times until they told me to stop. Police came and child was brought home safely via my sister in law. Ex was involuntarily committed to the psych ward for the night and then released. They took his guns. One of which was loaded and not on safety but in a holster and within in my child's reach. Police made CPS report now they are doing the full assessment including our home....including my daughter, including his school per my permission. I will never say no to CPS? No one should unless they want a fight and/or have something to hide. We dont. But its still gross.TDLR:Called police on my childs mentally ill and wasted father just to have CPS do their job and as the primary and protective parent I take the brunt of it all. There were signs of his negligence, but i could never prove it and my child always wanted to got to his dad's house for the night or weekend. I had him counseling before this and raised this concern. I know I have nothing to worry about as far as CPS goes but its still stressful as fuck. I now have to arrange and comply with CPS, attorneys, counseling for my child, school stuff, and then just explaining to him that "dad is sick right now". and be the bad guy as far as he is concerned. NONE of this compares to what he is feeling...but that is another post.. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ji6Zo9

No comments:

Post a Comment