Sunday 29 April 2018

Concerned about my sons weight loss...


New to reddit, hello all parents! I have a problem at hand and I’m unsure of what to do. My son is 17 almost 18. He’s always been bigger but that’s never mattered to me because I love him with all my heart and if he’s happy that’s all that matters. However, he wasn’t happy and he’s always struggled losing weight. He’d always lose and gain the same 20-30 lbs and get frustrated. I tried my best to prepare healthy meals, take him to the gym 5 times a week when I got off work, even join him sometimes. I never once forced him to do these things but only supported him in wanting to make these changes. He’d always manage to fall off somehow. I noticed months ago he drastically started eating less. When I questioned him he’d make excuses like he just ate before he got home, he was eating at a friends, he had a big lunch at school, or he didn’t feel too well. Of course I didn’t think too much of it initially but the weight just started FALLING off. I could not believe how rapid it came off of him. I had a few moms come to me and ask me if he was sick! He’s been at this for about 6 months. He started at 270 lbs and he’s now around 140 lbs. He doesn’t look like my son anymore. And the worst part is he wants to lose 5-10 more pounds? He’s skinny enough! He’s 5’9 for god sake why would he need to be 130 lbs? How did he even lose so much in 6 months? I didn’t even think that was physically possible without cutting off a leg. That’s too much! I don’t know what to do. I don’t want him to get sick. Any other parents out there dealing with or have dealt with the same thing? Am I wrong for not being okay with the weight loss? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2vW6glB

No comments:

Post a Comment