Thursday 26 April 2018

[RANT] Can we stop shitting on only-children?


Not having siblings doesn't mean your child will be selfish. They won't be bossy jerks.Only children aren't spoiled. Not lonely.I see posts here almost every day asking, "Am I bad if I want only one child?" or "Will be my child grow up to be a total failure without siblings?". Nobody should feel bad for having one child, for any reason.Equally frustrating are posts that say "So and so is an only child, therefore is a terrible person".It's okay to want only one child. Or six children. It's fine to decide not to have any kids at all.Birth order and personality correlation is complete pseudo-science, in my opinion.It's just ridiculous and harmful pop psychology.Being the baby/youngest doesn't mean you're a whiny, spoiled brat. Being the middle child doesn't mean you grew up ignored and neglected. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2vMn1jb

No comments:

Post a Comment