Sunday 29 April 2018

How did having kids affect your hobbies and personal satisfaction?


As a disclaimer, I have always wanted kids. I’ve dreamed about being a mom since I was young. I think I would be a good mom, and I know being a parent requires sacrificing.However, as I’ve gotten older (I’m 29) I’ve seen my friends have kids and how much of their self and prior habits they’ve sacrificed. They love being parents, but some are wistful for days when they didn’t have to worry about being responsible for a human 24/7.My partner and I both have time consuming hobbies. They give us a sense of purpose and a way to unwind from our stressful jobs. Obviously our time spent doing these things will be decreased after kids. I am worried about this, as I feel better mentally when I have time to spend on these things.Has anyone had similar concerns? How did you feel after having kids? Please keep in mind I am not a selfish person, and I would do anything necessary for my future kids. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2FoNi6x

No comments:

Post a Comment