Wednesday 25 April 2018

Help! My son's dentist wants to do his dental work under anesthesia.


My son is 2 and a half. The first time I took him to the dentist I was told his teeth were coming in very close together, which isn't good. By his third appointment ever (just two weeks ago, he goes every 6 months) he had two cavities. The dentist told me genetics has a lot to do with it, but I still feel like a failure. He's never had soda, I don't buy candy or juice boxes, he always drinks water or heavily diluted juice, I brush them twice a day, floss when he let's me... I even wiped his little gums every time I nursed him when he was a baby just for him to end up with bad teeth!!!The dentist feels it would be best to put him to sleep using general anesthesia to correct all of the issues in his mouth. I obviously want to do what is best for my baby so they don't get worse, but I am TERRIFIED to have him put to sleep. Is he going to be okay? Will it affect his brain development? Will he be sick? Is it worth it to do this? The teeth are going to fall out I dont want to risk my sons life for a few teeth (yes I know I am being dramatic).Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!TL;DR: my 2 year old is being put to sleep for routine dental work and I'm freaking out. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HoTvoV

No comments:

Post a Comment