Wednesday 25 April 2018

Small rant on toy shopping.


Hi everyone!So, I'm a tad frustrated right now. I'm looking for dinosaur items for my daughters 8th birthday. This is where I get annoyed. It's really sad that even in 2018, 95% of dinosaur toys/items/clothes are marketed for BOYS. Like really? I wish companies wouldn't gender every fucking thing. Ridiculous that companies market ANIMALS towards a specific gender! Same goes for her other favorite thing, space. I mean, what the fuck. And then when I DO find anything with space or dinosaurs marketed for girls it's "girled up", pink fucking dinosaurs? Planets with googly eyes and sparkles? Bitch what? I just end up shopping in the boys section but personally think the items should be in both sections.This is just a vent, and not intended for controversy. I'm just a bit sad too, that my kiddo gets pegged as "boyish" for liking the things she likes, by adults and even kids her own age. I don't want her to stop liking what she likes, she's already self conscious. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2vJQrhU

No comments:

Post a Comment