Saturday 28 April 2018

House guests after birth have crossed the line


My hubby’s sisters have come to stay with us for a few days about ten days after this baby was born. We also have a 18 month old son. They see nothing wrong with staying in our house after the birth and have even been offended in the past when they weren’t able to stay with us on one occasion for a family gathering. So this time I allowed it, trying to give them a chance and not look like the wicked witch. I was lucky enough to have a relatively easy uncomplicated birth.We don’t have a spare room so I’m in the baby’s room, hubby is in DS room and they are in our room. After night one they complained our mattress was Too firm. Hubby slept on a swag And I slept in a single bed.Today they all went to hubbys footy game and took DS along. I packed his lunch, dinner and a jumper and asked them to put it on him when it got dark. She watched me put it in his bag and everything and said ok.It’s now 8.30pm my poor boy is still not home and it’s way past his bedtime. They also took him to kfc for lunch and he had “a handful of chips” (not enough for him regardless of the fact it’s junk food) and I texted them at 6pm to see if he had eaten his dinner which they hadn’t even offered to him yet. And of course at 8.30pm he was not wearing his jumper.I’m so upset about this. Not one of my requests was even attempted and husband thinks I’m just being paranoid and rude but I am struggling to ignore this. We rearranged our house for them to be here so soon after the birth. My poor boy is out quite late (he’s not a good sleeper and will not sleep when our) they said it would be 7.00 when they arrived home which is his bedtime so I thought it would be ok.I know they don’t seem like massive things but this makes me not trust them to watch him ever again because they just ignored me or dare I say it, too thick to take instructions on how to look after my child. And it’s this protectiveness that is making me not accept it but i don’t see myself saying anything but i do not want to speak to them. They stayed with us when DS was born and we lived in a bigger house then and it was still a lot to have them there two days after the birth. So this isn’t the first time.Sorry for rambling. If I said something how do I say it? Or do I not? A big part of me just wants to ignore them til they leave tomorrow, because I don’t know what to say but I can’t act like it didn’t happen. Husband is useless as I’ve tried discussing this with him before, he’s got no balls and I’ll deal with him later. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2JypTCa

No comments:

Post a Comment