Tuesday 24 April 2018

Nudity around 3yo


So my situation is kinda circumstantial. My wife and I split just after my daughter turned 1yo. Since then I have met someone. She has come to be mom to my daughter just as much as her biological mother. We have split custody with my ex so week on week off. My daughter is now three. My current partner is very body positive and open. So she has no problem changing infront of my daughter and showering with her. But I'm starting to become of the mind it's time to start instilling "privacy" in her and my partner disagrees. My point of view is she is getting older now and needs to learn to respect other people's privacy. Also I'm in touchy waters with my ex. It just takes one time saying "mommy2 and I take showers all the time" to my ex and she could take that and spin it up with CPS. My partner sees it differently. From our conversations I gather that she feels that it's important to not teach her body's are a shameful thing and being naked infront of your kid isn't odd, and that anything could be taken out of context. Like kissing, some one could say it's weird for dad's to kiss their kids on the lips. We for the first time have reached an impasse in our relationship and want to handle constructively mainly for the best intrest of my daughter. So I'm wondering if some non biased advice would be benificial. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Hqu2ay

No comments:

Post a Comment