Saturday 28 April 2018

9 year old is constantly touching herself and it's becoming an issue. what should be done?


I'm asking for my cousin who is worried and unsure of what to do. My niece is 9 years old and my cousin says that she is always touching herself. My cousin taught my niece from a young age that nobody is allowed to touch her down there, that only mommy is allowed to look if something bothers her but nobody else. My niece is intelligent, outgoing, and has shown zero symptoms of being abused in any way. My cousin taught her that it's totally fine and normal to touch yourself down there but that she should do it when she is alone and nobody can see. But she does it all the time. Her hands are just constantly in her pants. My cousin has gotten calls home from school, her dance class, etc. saying that she just chills with her hands in her pants. She already asked if she's having any pain or itchiness and if anybody has asked to look at or touch her privates. All answers are no! Obviously, touching yourself is normal, my cousin and I both know that, but there's a time and place for it. When my cousin asked her why she can't wait until she is alone to do it, she gets upset and just runs away. We don't really know what to do and we don't want my niece feeling like she's doing something "wrong," just that it shouldn't be in front of everybody. We don't want her to feel ashamed or anything. What, if anything, can be done about this? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HzG4CS

No comments:

Post a Comment