Thursday 26 April 2018

Daycare Drop off issues - I am losing my damned mind


I really want to preface this with I love my daycare. I mean, I've had a few bumps here and there, but always any issue gets resolved and my kids love their room teachers.I have two children a 3 year old and an 11 month old. My 3 year old has gone to this daycare since he was 7-8 weeks old. For about a month, we have been struggling with daycare drop off. He throws a temper tantrum when I go to drop him off at his room. Limp body - sobbing - angry at the world for existing temper tantrums. He will help drop his infant brother off and that usually has been issue free... but lately he has even been having issues with that. He has never had an issue with this before and he has been in the 3 year old room almost half a year now.My parenting mantra has always been, "My child is not giving me a hard time. My child is having a hard time." I try to deep down root think it and I've talked to the director. I've stopped in randomly to come visit and he is always HAPPY. Playing with friends. He is getting enough sleep - he is in bed by 8:15/8:30 most nights and sleeps until 6 am. I get that is only 9.5 hours, but if he takes a nap during the day (which he doesn't) he is up until 10 /11 pm and I work so he has to be up by 6:30 (at the latest).This week we have been trying to get him up and feeding him a hearty breakfast with attention and announcements about daycare... "We are getting ready for daycare." "We are getting in the car to go to daycare!" "We are almost to daycare! I can't wait to see our friends!" All along the way - ok sometimes a "I don't like daycare or I don't want to go." However, every day I pick him up he is smiling and tells me that he had a good day.I ask questions about daycare like, "What was your favorite part of the day? What part made you sad/angry? Who did you sit with at lunch?" He never says anything bad or avoids answering the questions.Lately he has been saying that he wants to go to a new daycare, but when I ask him about his friends he has the typical 3 year old logic that Ms. Ashley and Elli and Charlie would be there.TL;DR: I have no idea how to parent and am babbling about all my concerns about temper tantrums during daycare drop off. Is there something I am missing or is this just a typical "I'm inserting my will as an individual!" 3 year old thing? Does this get better? Tell me it gets better. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2I1Wa51

No comments:

Post a Comment