Thursday 26 April 2018

Booger wiping, how to deal with this dirty habit?


I have a beautiful and intelligent 6 year old boy. He is a great kid, but he has a problem with nose picking/ booger wiping. I went to move my laptop stand last night and then there was something on my finger...it was an enormous bloody booger. After I threw up in my mouth, and washed my hands I confronted him. But this wasn't the first time. I also just caught him wiping the end of his penis on the toilet seat to get that last drop of pee off. Which worried me more about infection more than anything but was just plain gross as well.I took him to the doctor and had him treated for allergies, which I thought might help him have fewer boogers to wipe. I have surrounded him with tissues and instructed him to use them, always keeping one in my pocket in case I see the deed happening or about to happen. I have explained to him how he is spreading germs and making all of us sick, but any time I turn my back a new booger appears, somewhere. I bought him some saline nose drops to clear out his nose once a day, but I'm pretty sure this is a problem of laziness/behavior.My whole family has had enough, and my 12 year old daughter flips her derby when she catches him, sometimes starting fights between them.It's discusting, unhygenic and I want it to stop.Anyone successfully modified this behavior? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Fki0O5

No comments:

Post a Comment