Wednesday 25 April 2018

How do I help my kids?


I recently got out of a very bad relationship, but my kids (6&5 years old) still hold onto him asking to bring “daddy” around. Now he’s not their biological father though he took on the name as we had moved in with him, started our life with him for over two year- biological dad not involved. Though I refuse to have him, “daddy” around anymore, he was physically and emotionally abusive towards me.At times I snap when thEy ask for him and I realize they don’t know the full picture so I tell them that mommy was just dating this man and we separated, that he will no longer be around and I correct them to call him by his name instead of daddy.Is there something I can say to help make things clearer or help them cope? My youngest still constantly cries for him and all I feel I can do is cuddle him. It all hurts my heart so much. I hate that I brought this man into our life and I myself am trying to heal. I just want the best for my children as does every parent and I’m struggling to verbally give them that when I feel lost and unsure on th matter. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HKui7Z

No comments:

Post a Comment