Tuesday 24 April 2018

Found photo on 12 year old daughter's phone with a "SLUT" caption.


Whenever my daughter needs to put away her laundry or clean her room I take her phone so she doesn't get distracted. I took her phone away and started looking through it like I regularly do to make sure she isn't doing anything inappropriate that might get past the content filtering/monitoring app.I'm looking at her recent app history and a photo editor was used recently so I opened it. Everything seemed fine. Photos of her and her brothers, softball team, etc. I noticed a couple of just her in the thumbnails and when I looked closer it had a caption that said "SLUT".I'm freaking out and show her mom and we're both wondering why she would make this. She's either at school, at home or sports so she doesn't have a lot of opportunities to get away. We live in a somewhat rural area and we also have cameras so we would we noticed someone else coming up our driveway with her. As a dad, my mind is trying to deal with why my little girl would refer to herself like this and of course I'm thinking the worst.We confront her about it and ask why she would make something like this or if someone else made it and sent it to her. She got this puzzled look on her face and said "It's a song"."Even if it's a song I don't know why you would want to call your self a slut?""It's an acronym. It stands for "Sweet Little Unforgettable Thing"."I look at the photo again and I finally notice that it actually says "S.L.U.T.". It's apparently a song and apparently I'm old now.tl;dr Thought my daughter was calling herself a SLUT by captioning a photo of herself but it was an acronym for "Sweet Little Unforgettable Thing" which is apparently a song. Also, I'm old. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HUZMpr

No comments:

Post a Comment