Wednesday 25 April 2018

Kids arguing over chores....


A funny unexpected parenting moment.As parents you really don’t expect one out of your two close in age range children to come to you and complain with genuine frustration the following:Youngest, our daughter, comes to both myself and husband and complains that her older brother “WON’T let her do one of his chores because brother did one of hers yesterday” (FYI: daughter had an appointment for medical problem after school that ran later than expected)Husband laughs and says to daughter: “if he came to you yesterday and said let me do one of your chores since you won’t be home after school, would you have let him?”Daughter ponders this and proceeds to reply with “ok I’m just going to go do his chore now and not ask him if I can.” Basically she’s going to do it behind his back as he’s doing something else. Lol.Both husband and I are now sitting here listening to the argument between them going on inside the kitchen and chuckling over the fact that BOTH children are arguing w each other because they WANT to do chores.We hear just now: Brother: “what are you doing? That’s my chore!” Sister: “Well I did it and it’s finished.” Brother: “why?” Sister: “because I wanted to and I can.” Brother: “fine! I’ll get home early from school tomorrow and do ALL OF YOURS and MINE!” Sister: “NOOO. They are mine.”Wth lmaoNever in a million years did we ever got one moment think to ourselves that our children would argue w each other over wanting to do chores. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HqBUNs

No comments:

Post a Comment