Sunday 29 April 2018

My Three Year old just Made Everything Okay


In March I gave my daughter's dad primary custody and I've struggled with it. I see her every other weekend now and this is our third weekend together. She goes home today.So, she tells me she needs to go potty and I take her and stand in front of the sink, looking away, so I can give her some measure of privacy while also being there to help when she is done. I look around and say, "I have a lot of cleaning to do when you go back to daddy's house." And she agrees (cheeky baby) then i said, "you are supposed to go to daddy's house this afternoon but you can go whenever you are ready, just let me know."She reached out and took my hand, kissed it and said, "I love you mommy."I didn't realize I needed that. I catch a lot of shit for making the decision to take a back seat in her life and she just made me realize it was the right decision for her. She is happier than she was before. And I am happier because she is happier.Just wanted to share this little moment with other parents who might understand the impact it had on me. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2FrAqfT

No comments:

Post a Comment