Thursday 26 April 2018

Thinking about giving up my 2yo for adoption


Hi everyone. I'm a 20yo and when I was 18yo I had a baby girl. I wanted to give up my baby for adoption because I wasn't ready for a child, and I had always planned to not have one. I was pressured into keeping her, and I've been taking care of her for two years. The past two years have been very hard for us, I'm trying to work my way through college and, though my family does help with babysitting, there is little financial support for me and my daughter (her father isn't involved). I also was recently diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, meaning that I have a lot of issues with mood swings, impulsivity, and irritability. These in combination with my lack of enthusiasm about parenting and children has caused me to consider adoption. Right now I'm looking at open adoption because I love my daughter and our bond, but I believe that her having parents that love and want her is extremely important, and I'm concerned that my feelings now will develop into unconscious actions later (repressed anger, etc.). My concern is that I'm not making the right decision and that the social consequences of making this decision will be really detrimental. I wanted third party opinions. What do you guys think? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HtJ5o7

No comments:

Post a Comment