Tuesday 24 April 2018

Another Affair Child Story


Saw the recent post of the guy who decided to be an active father to the child that was a product of an affair. Decided I needed to post my story. Not sure why, not really looking for advice or whatever, maybe just to get it off my chest. Maybe this will resonate with someone else out there.Long story, but the gist of it is about 5 years ago my wife had an affair with a co-worker. Shortly after I found out and had her break contact (or so I thought), and decide to work on us, she became pregnant. We had been trying for several years. I was fairly suspicious, but she swore up and down the baby was mine.Pregnancy goes fine, she delivers a healthy baby girl. But the doubt still stayed in my mind. Never really brought it up again. We move,after a while she gets deployed. On a whim I get a mail order DNA test. No chance this girl is biologically mine. I can't even begin to describe the feelings I had reading that email.Immediately I contact my wife, on the other side of the globe. She breaks down and admits the affair continued on longer than she admitted, but swears that she had no idea my daughter wasn't mine. Won't bore you with the details, but finding this out when your spouse is 12,000 miles away is just a cherry on top of a shit sundae. What am I gonna do, leave an 18 month old who calls me "Daddy" on my in-laws doorstep? Fuck that. She's mine.Somehow we're still together, and we've had another baby. Not entirely sure how, or why. But that little girl is currently in the other room, chatting up a storm and playing with the 4000 toys she recently got for her birthday, and I love her with all of my heart. And that will never, ever change. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2qUT5wd

No comments:

Post a Comment