Sunday 29 April 2018

Please teach your children hitting caregivers is NOT okay (or hitting anyone for that matter)


I am a nanny and I take care of two sets of siblings, the first set is two 2 year olds and their 1 month old sister. The second pair is two sisters I babysit, they are a five year old and a 1 year old and today I was two seconds away from telling their mother and father they were doing a shit job as parents and I don't even give a fuck.Note I babysit them 3 days a week for 2 hours/day every single week and I am not allowed to even give these kids a time out or anything.The 5 year old slapped me today IN FRONT OF THE MOTHER. What did she do? nothing... literally nothing. Then she started kicking me IN FRONT OF THE MOTHER. What did the mother do? Nothing. I, of course, told the kid that this is wrong and she's not allowed to kick, hit or overall be mean and insult people and if she continued then I would have to put her in a time out. The mother didn't even bat an eyelash. Basically according to the mom I am only there to play with them and if they are in time outs or they don't feel 'comfortable' with me they won't play anymore. So, I am already writing her my two week's notice. Fuck that.The kid hits me and the only thing I am supposed to do is give ehr another toy. If she throws things at me, at her sister or refuses to clean up... distract her with another toy. Basically she runs the household and if that's okay with her mother and father then great (though I am dying to see her as a teenager) but I am not here to be physically assaulted by a 5 year old who DEFINITELY knows that is wrong and not be allowed to do anythign about it. The 1 year old just does her thing but today she decided that after her sister hit me it was okay to hit me and then laugh...That is my rant. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HyizK9

No comments:

Post a Comment