Wednesday 25 April 2018

Daughter came out by accident


I just found out my daughter (12) is (well almost certainly) gay by looking at her Reddit account. She had told me she had 30,000 karma and I asked her what on earth she was posting. With a bit of convincing she was happy to give me her Reddit handle (I worry about cyber bullying etc) and I told her I wouldn’t invade her privacy - and didn’t go further.Anyway we share some interests and I saw something that could have only come from her - thought that was pretty cool and clicked on the username to confirm out of casual interest and there was an endless list of posts in every gay sub imaginable.Now- while it changes your view of what her life will be like in a very, very sudden way, which has to be a little upsetting, I don’t have any problem with it. Neither would my husband.Should I tell her I know? Should I tell my husband (given that I shouldn’t really know and respect her privacy and ability to tell me when she wants too - assuming this is a permanent thing)?? Or just let it ride for now. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Jt3Cpx

No comments:

Post a Comment