Monday 30 April 2018

Overly touchy-feely cousin - is this a red flag for anything?


To begin with, I’ve been noticing this behavior for quite some time but I am just now beginning to become concerned with it.My 2 year old daughter has a 4 year old cousin (boy) who she sees quite often. My wife babysits him 3 days a week and she often times sees him on the weekends or other weekdays in between.For a while, I have always noticed that he is extra touchy with her. He always has to be either rubbing shoulders or being extra, extra close to her while they are playing. He constantly trying to be hugging her or kissing on her even when she tells him no. While they were laying in bed watching tv a few days ago, he just constantly kept trying to move his body as close to hers as possible while they were both laying on the same pillow.In the past I’ve chalked this up to them just being close and him just being overly affectionate. But over the past few weeks there have been some major red flags that I feel I must address.First off, I’ve caught him kissing her feet many, many times. And if she is holding her baby doll, he’ll kiss hers too. I’ve seen him and explained to him how that’s not right and how weird it is but it still continues.The other two are more extreme IMO. Most days, I am not there with my wife and the kids while she is watching him because I work during the day. But I happened to have last Friday off, and while they were watching TV I told them I would be right back and I had to use the bathroom. I was gone for a couple minutes, and when I came back I seen him basically t-bagging my daughter. She was laying on the pillow and he was standing over top of her with his junk in her face making a thrusting motion while she was yelling no. This immediately set me off and pushed him off her and explained in a very firm - yet calm as I could be way, that that was unacceptable and disgusting to do to any girl, especially one that is in your family. Yet a few hours later I caught him doing the exact same thing.The other incident which I wasn’t there to witness, (and my wife didn’t even tell me this, I overheard her telling her mom) was that she caught my daughters cousin “humping” her. I imagine my daughter was laying on her stomach and he came up from behind her and did it. I will admit I didn’t witness this, but I did hear my wife say that she caught him jumping our daughter.My wife and her Mom kind of laughed it off as if it was no big deal and he was just doing it not knowing what he was doing was bad. But the way that I see it, is that a 4 year old boy shouldn’t be having those kinds of thoughts or urges or whatever you want to call it. Every time I try and talk to my wife about it, she gets super defensive and try’s to downplay the whole situation.All of these incidents combined with the fact that he is always super touchy with her in the first place just gives me some bad vibes. Yet this is a touchy subject and I’m not really sure what to say about it or how to address it or how to make my wife see the severity of it.On top of all that, I should add that he also is quite mean to her and other kids. He is constantly pushing kids down, stealing their toys from them, hitting them, taunting them to make them more upset and saying mean things to them. And this is with any child, not just kids within our family. We took them to a chuck-e-cheese knock off place on Friday and multiple times I saw him push other kids out of the way or take what they are playing with or just but in on what they are doing with their own parents.I’d like to know if I’m overreacting or if anyone else has any kinds of similar stories or advice they would share. I would really appreciate it.TL;DRMy 2 year old daughter has 4 year old boy cousin who is way to touchy and handsy with her. Recently caught him doing stuff that would be deemed sexual and that was the final straw before I tried to ask for help. Also he is mean to her and other kids more so than most of the other kids in our family.EDIT - I should have mentioned that when I am changing her diaper, he’ll basically try and lay as close to her private areas as possible. Basically he’ll lay on his stomach and get face to face with her privates until I make him move, sometimes forcibly. He’s also said many times how he wants to smell her dirty diaper. Just things that I don’t find normal at all and I feel like most 4 year old don’t do. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Ft2PT7

No comments:

Post a Comment