Thursday 26 April 2018

Parents who don’t yell, I have a question.


Maybe multiple questions...What do you do instead? I have a six year old and an almost five year old, both boys and two girls, 19 months and almost seven months. I don’t want to yell at my boys. The problem is they get crazy and wrestle, throw stuff, hit each other with blankets and scream and run around like wild animals frequently.Yesterday their t-ball practice got rained out so they came home, played nicely for a bit and then as soon as I started cooking dinner, started acting like maniacs. I individually pulled them aside and spoke calmly to them about their behavior but after two hours, I lost it and screamed at them. They laughed and ran away and then taunted me to yell or spank them. I don’t spank them but did in the past, last time being about a year ago. Even then, it was probably a good six months since I had done it. I don’t want to live like this and I don’t want my girls to see it and mimic it and think it’s normal or ok for mommy to scream at her kids. I don’t want my boys to think it’s ok and normal either. I try so hard not to yell.I don’t mind a little roughhousing here and there but when it’s been two hours of screaming and running nonstop, I can’t handle it.So what do you do? How do you stop them when they’re super wild and crazy? How do you get their attention and redirect and keep it redirected? Please help. School is out in five weeks and I’m going to be on my own with all four! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Hx3CEn

No comments:

Post a Comment