Tuesday 31 December 2019

Who else LOATHS the gaming/reaction videos on YouTube your kids WONT. STOP. WATCHING?


I can’t be the only parent who literally can’t stand the sounds that come from the iPad or the tv when my kids watch these YouTubers! The ones that play video games and scream/yell/comment while my kid fries his brain as he watches for h o u r s on end if I let him. It can’t be good for them right? I mean, when I was his age my parents would startle me away from the tv if I binge watched Pepper Anne for too long.But this. This is a whole other level of nonsense. We’re on Christmas/New Year break and I’ve had to cut him off when I’ve realized he’s going on 3 straight hours of this shit. And don’t get me started on the Barbie ones... I’d rather put hot pokers into my ears than to hear them making millions with each view.To be clear, I also don’t let my kids spend this much time with screens regularly. It’s their break and I’m okay with indulging when they have time off from school. My rule is no screens Mon-Fri and I limit it on weekends otherwise. These are just the type of things they choose to watch and I’m finding myself more and more often asking them to change to something else. ANYTHING else.Okay thanks. Rant over. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/37yxLjl

No comments:

Post a Comment