Tuesday 31 December 2019

Here are all the ways I was a “bad parent” today


I let my 17 month old use the iPad for a full hour just because I wanted to relax and play Stardew Valley for a little bit. I made her microwaveable mac and cheese for lunch because I didn’t have the energy to figure out a fully nutritious meal that will probably end up on the floor again anyways. She had all her milk today in her baby bottle even though daycare has asked us to wean to sippy cups as they don’t allow bottles in her new room - but I just didn’t want to deal with the struggle. We spent the whole day inside even though it was sunny and somewhat warm outside.After putting my baby to sleep I felt guilty about all of these things. But then I focused on all the ways I was a good parent today. All the kisses I gave, all the blocks I played with, all the puffs I picked up from the floor, all the silly dancing I did, all the “reading” I did (aka reading one page as fast as I can before the book is being subbed for a new one), and the fact that my baby girl is now sleeping upstairs in her warm, soft bed - hopefully feeling loved and safe. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2tfoe1A

No comments:

Post a Comment