Saturday 28 December 2019

Help with advice for my future black son


My son is 4 and he is so innocent. Some days when he is happy and holds onto me and stares into my eye I stare back and want to cry. He doesn't see color, or differences between himself and his friends...yet I have to eventually point it out. When is the time to do this? When do I sit him down and explain to him that people will treat him differently based on looks? I know I have a long way to go but this stresses me out... At least he shouldn't deal with it until later in life..but some kids deal with it early. How do I sit him down and say "Be compliant, listen to everything the cops say even if it seems wrong, move slowly, you could possibly make people uncomfortable. You are black. You have pigment to your skin which makes people wary of you. People may judge you before they even know you."​Side Note: some things I mentioned he would face as a teen. I'm just rambling. There is racism and stereotypes black boys/men have to deal with that we have to prepare them for and I'm struggling with how & when and need guidance for that.​side side note: Sorry if I upset anyone. Also, watch this post get taken down b/c it is controversial. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZxiaO2

No comments:

Post a Comment