Sunday 29 December 2019

Facing the worst nightmare of our lives with my teen. Need advice.


The night before Christmas Eve, my 16 year old daughter dropped a bomb on my husband and I. My brother, her uncle, had raped her three times over a week period. She had stayed at her grandmothers house over spring break. My brother resides there. Or did as of the last couple days. My mother kicked him out for obvious reasons. I reported it the moment she told us. We chose to report at home so she was more comfortable. As of right now he has not been arrested and the detective that is supposed to call, has not as Tonight. We are using winter break to set her up in therapy. Besides therapy and a good support system, what can I do for her so she doesn’t feel alone or that she isn’t getting justice because he has not been arrested? This is by far the hardest thing she will ever deal with in life, I don’t want to do or say anything wrong that could possibly make her worse. I don’t know what I am dealing with or what the future holds.I just want to help my child to get through this.HELP!!! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZG7nB9

No comments:

Post a Comment